Had this on Saturday with a green salad. At this point, it's the only broiler sandwich I can see myself comfortably preparing and eating in hot weather.
Open-faced prosciutto and egg sandwich (inspired by Giada De Laurentis)
3 thin slices of prosciutto
.5 cup tomato sauce, warmed
Several fresh basil leaves, chopped
One thick (1") slice bread (I used a slice from a "farm boule" from Trader Joe's)
1. Butter both sides of bread and toast in a skillet. Remove to an oven-safe plate and spread with tomato sauce. Layer prosciutto slices evenly over the sauce. Preheat broiler.
2. Crack egg into skillet from step 1 and fry over-easy until yolk is just set.
3. Place egg atop prosciutto.
4. Grate some Romano or Parmesan over the sandwich to taste.
5. Slide under broiler for a few seconds, until edges of prosciutto start to curl and cheese melts.
6. Grind some black pepper over top and serve with salad.