Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy 2011!

Happy New Year!

It was back to wintry Seoul this past Sunday morning after a red eye flight from Kuala Lumpur. We hurried, me shivering in my thin Thai pants (one size fits all, super comfortable, we bought 4 pairs...) the block from the subway station to our house, where we immediately turned on the ondol, got under the covers, and slept. I felt fortunate to live so close to a subway station! The new airport express just opened up a stop at Digital Media City on our line, which made the journey a little easier.

It's taken some adjustment to be back in weather that's nearly 50 degrees (F) colder (I was sweating in my newly shorn pixie haircut in KL and now find myself bundling up my bare head in my huge winter hat). At the same time, I appreciate snow and cold when it's winter; after two weeks, M and I could see how the lack of differentiation between seasons in a tropical climate might get to us after a while.

For my first post of 2011, thought I'd share a photo of some of my favorite souvenirs from our trip:

The green curry paste was purchased in Chiang Mai; the rest, at a grocery store in Brickfields, the Little India neighborhood of Kuala Lumpur.

Looking forward to experimenting with them soon! Will have to make a coconut milk run to Itaewon in the near future...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails